Power Up Through An MBA
Students are often daunted by the question ‘What next’ after graduation.
Graduates who didn’t get placements right after college are often very worried about the future. If you feel that whatever you have in your arsenal is not the best, then it is time to sharpen what you have already got and get a few new ones to make sure that you hit the mark next time.
This is where having an MBA comes to play.
Having a post graduate degree in the art of business means better job opportunities, higher salaries and the confidence to become an entrepreneur yourself. An MBA degree can make all the difference in the job market.
It is not a dog-eat-dog world anymore, it’s a cat-eat-dog world. People armored with MBA is taking over the world. MBA is not a theory-oriented course. This course provides a platform to test out the theories you have learned in class through projects, internships and group assignments. MBA degree can be a gateway to career opportunities both in India and abroad. That is why many professionals leave their job after two or three years to chase after MBA.
You can find a lot of colleges in India providing competitive MBA courses. Unlike other degrees, where you take your MBA matters a lot. The value of your degree acquired from a reputed institution and a college no one has even heard of varies a lot. If you are planning on pursuing MBA, make sure it is from a competitive college.
Check out a few of top-tier MBA colleges in Punjab.
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – This prestigious institution is one of the largest in India and boasts of sprawling infrastructure and quality education.
- Indian School of Business, Mohali – Focuses on postgraduate programmes in management and has a well-structured curriculum aimed at developing leaders.
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh – Recognized by UGC and AICTE, Chandigarh University has a well-structured curriculum and excellent placement opportunities.
- School of Management Studies, Patiala – With 50 years of experience in providing top quality management education, it is one of the best universities to join for an MBA education. The illustrious alumni of this college are a testimony to its brilliance.
- LM Thapar School of Management, Mohali – Consistently ranked among the top business schools of India, LMTST offers a good learning environment and an excellent faculty.
Who can do MBA?
Any student who has a 3-year bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks is eligible to apply for MBA. Top business schools require their applicants to appear in competitive exams and secure a minimum score. Most of the MBA colleges in Punjab accept students who have secured more than 80% mark in any of the competitive exams like CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT.
MBA is the next logical step for a student who has done the B.Com Course. Because a graduate in B.Com would have gone through many subjects related to commerce and marketing which provides a good foundation in the principles of management, finance, accounting, and taxation etc. MBA in Finance or Marketing is most suitable for Commerce students.
If you want to start a venture of your own, then MBA can equip you with the skills to manage a successful business. If career growth is what you are aiming for then MBA is the path for you.
- Fiona Mathews